RECITAL 2020 will be held (tentatively) on June 5 & 6 at Archbishop Curley High
School. Older student classes perform in 2 recitals, while younger student classes and
private lessons perform in one recital. Tickets go on sale in mid May at the studio.
Rehearsal dates at Curley are Monday 6/1/20, Tuesday 6/2/20, and Wednesday 6/3/20.
- Costume money is due near the end of November.
- Costume prices are approximately $60 (this includes
2 for 1).
- A notice will be sent in early November stating the
day the money is due and the exact amount.
- Please be aware tights and/or fishnets may have to
- Pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes are needed.
- All private lesson students must choose their
costume before November 30.
- Include dancer’s name in all belongings (rehearsal & recital)
- Dancers should bring something to occupy themselves during rehearsals and
- Do not wear jewelry during rehearsals or recital.
- No gum during rehearsals or recital. No nail polish.
- Food and drink may only be consumed in the lobby. There will be a
scheduled snack time during rehearsals and recital. Please no peanut butter.
- If possible, do not wear glasses.
- Dancers should remain in dressing rooms during the entire performance,
INCLUDING intermission. NO ONE is permitted backstage at anytime
except The Dance Studio staff.
- Dancers should stay with their classes during rehearsals and recital.
- During recital, dancers may have drinks during their snack time; water is
- No underwear OR bikini underwear should be worn under tights.
- Include bobby pins, safety pins, extra tights and extra make-up with your
child. A smock is to be worn over costumes.
- COSTUMES are NOT to be worn TO dress rehearsal or recital.
- Sit with class during dress rehearsal and recital.
- All dancers must have plain white tights. Some classes need fishnets.
- Pink ballet shoes – all classes – unless otherwise stated.
- Ribbons for tap shoes will cost $1.00. See Peggy when costumes are
distributed (only specific classes)
- The recital will have RESERVED SEATING. See office for details. Tickets
will go on sale in May.
- After recital, only one female with a pass will be permitted into the dressing
room to pick up their dancer. Saturday 9:00 and Wednesday 5:30 classes are
to be picked up on the stage. Please enter from the dressing room side as no
one is allowed to come directly onto the stage through the auditorium.
Copyright: THE DANCE STUDIO, 2005. All rights reserved. Graphics this page courtesy of About.com